Govilon Heritage has the following aims:
- to preserve and promote the unique rural and industrial heritage of this village which is partly within the Blaenavon Industrial Landscape World Heritage Site.
- to encourage tourism and promote local businesses, craft activities, sporting activities and local events.
- to further develop links now being made with the Blaenavon World Heritage Site, British Waterways and the Brecon Beacons National Park, highlighting the historical interdependence between the centre of industrial activity at Blaenavon, and the tramroads, the railway and the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal which are part of Govilon’s history.
- to create a Community Web Site providing a new village amenity.
- to develop and enhance a Heritage Trail in and around Govilon by providing a reprint of the Village History book which describes this trail, village leaflets with local information and a visitors’ map, and interpretative boards with on-site information.
- to involve a variety of established village groups of all ages and interests, in developing educational material and providing services to visitors.