Monumental inscriptions from local small chapels

Use the "Search by" categories below to access details taken from the records of two small chapels which were located near Gilwern. Both were affected with the construction of the A465 Heads of the Valleys trunk road in the 1960's. As a consequence, some of the graves were reinterred in Gilwern Graveyard.

Burials from 1841 - 1879 are described.

The data was originally recorded by John Freer and Bob Guildford and typed by Jackie Dunn of Gwent Family History Society in September 1990. The records have now been transcribed into this database by Govion Heritage

Search by:

Go to the Govilon Village homepage Go to the Govilon History site